Re: [bolger] A call for chemists

  • John Bell
    Message 1 of 6 , May 28, 2005
      The unlike polyester resins, the hardener in epoxy is NOT a catalyst. It is
      instead a cross-linking agent that hooks the chains of pre-polymerized resin
      together. Heating it up or slathering more hardener on top will not create
      the necessary cross-links to make the solid and strong material that we all
      know and love. Clean it off and start over.