Martha Jane for sale

  • graeme19121984
    Message 1 of 15 , May 14, 2005
      From the Trading Post:

      TRAILER SAILER Phillip Bolger, Martha Jane design, 23'6 Leeboard
      Sharpie, very well equipped, traditional rig, good sails, small
      galley, 2 berth, large cockpit, VHS, fridge, solar panels,
      portapotty,
      lots of extras, Johnson 8hp, sailmaster outboard, galvani sed purpose
      built tandem trailer, perfect weekender, in excellent condition -
      $25000 KINKORA (0417) 721 213 or 07497 92900

      STATE: QLD FIRST PUBLISHED: 29 Apr 2005

      Not cheap.
      Cheers
      graeme
    • Bruce Fountain
      Message 2 of 15 , May 15, 2005
        graeme19121984 wrote:
        > From the Trading Post:
        >
        > TRAILER SAILER Phillip Bolger, Martha Jane design, 23'6 Leeboard
        <snip>
        > $25000 KINKORA (0417) 721 213 or 07497 92900

        Tell him he's dreamin' :-)

        Bruce Fountain
        Systems Engineer
        Union Switch & Signal
        Perth, Western Australia
      • Eric
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 30, 2012
          A Martha Jane in pretty rough but restorable shape on an excellent four wheel trailer is available in Ithaca, NY. No price but the owner is interested in selling the boat. If there is any serious interest I will look into the matter further. The mast and rub rails would have to be replaced. I have not thoroughly examined the boat, but the hull appears to be in good shape and is fiberglass covered.

          Eric
        • etap28
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 31, 2012
            Eric
            Is there any way to get in touch with the owner? I don't want to waste anybody's time but I would be interested in a photo or two and a baseline price . . .
            Dave

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <eric14850@...> wrote:

            > A Martha Jane in pretty rough but restorable shape on an excellent four wheel trailer is available in Ithaca, NY. No price but the owner is interested in selling the boat. If there is any serious interest I will look into the matter further. The mast and rub rails would have to be replaced. I have not thoroughly examined the boat, but the hull appears to be in good shape and is fiberglass covered.
            >
            > Eric

          • Eric
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 31, 2012
              A couple of people are interested. I'll see what I can do. Has been hard to connect with the person just to ask his plans for the boat, and even then I just got to talk to his house mate.
              Eric

              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "etap28" <dave.irland@...> wrote:

              > Eric
              > Is there any way to get in touch with the owner? I don't want to waste anybody's time but I would be interested in a photo or two and a baseline price . . .
              > Dave
              >
              > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <eric14850@> wrote:
              > >
              > > A Martha Jane in pretty rough but restorable shape on an excellent four wheel trailer is available in Ithaca, NY. No price but the owner is interested in selling the boat. If there is any serious interest I will look into the matter further. The mast and rub rails would have to be replaced. I have not thoroughly examined the boat, but the hull appears to be in good shape and is fiberglass covered.
              > >
              > > Eric

            • Mason Smith
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 2, 2013

                I am interested in that Martha Jane, at least theoretically. It would not be theoretical at all if somebody comes along and buys at least one of my great Micros! I’m not far from Ithaca, either, and have other reasons to go there. Just no more space and no more money. Do let us know more about the boat, if possible, with pictures.---Mason Smith

                Adirondack Goodboat

                68 North Point Road

                Long Lake, NY 12847

                518 624 6398

                www.adirondackgoodboat.com

                goodboat@...

                A couple of people are interested. I'll see what I can do. Has been hard to connect with the person just to ask his plans for the boat, and even then I just got to talk to his house mate.
                Eric

                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "etap28" <dave.irland@...> wrote:

                > Eric
                > Is there any way to get in touch with the owner? I don't want to waste anybody's time but I would be interested in a photo or two and a baseline price . . .
                > Dave
                >
                > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <eric14850@> wrote:
                > >
                > > A Martha Jane in pretty rough but restorable shape on an excellent four wheel trailer is available in Ithaca, NY. No price but the owner is interested in selling the boat. If there is any serious interest I will look into the matter further. The mast and rub rails would have to be replaced. I have not thoroughly examined the boat, but the hull appears to be in good shape and is fiberglass covered.
                > >
                > > Eric

              • Mason Smith
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 2, 2013

                  This sounds like a Martha Jane that was until recently in self-storage near Albany. The bill there was paid and the boat removed within the past couple of months. Is this the one now near Ithaca? Call this “serious interest.”--Mason

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 2, 2013
                    Details: Built 1993 by Paul Smith (letter from Phil Bolger). Sailed by Paul for many years in San Juan Islands. At some point got to Albany, NY area and was used as a camp cruiser until that owner was killed while riding a bicycle. Spent a couple of years in outside storage exposed to the elements while the estate was settled. The deterioration resulting includes: kick up rudder mechanism, rub rails and other exterior wood (some may need replacement), leeboards, and the mast needs replacement. I could see no hull damage, and the leeboard damage is minor or simply cosmetic. Interior dirty/messy, and I would change the arrangements. Mice have done minor damage to the sails. Aluminum yard and boom. There is some sort of cockpit tent. Suzuki 9.9 two stroke with alternator appears to be in excellent shape. Trailer has no title and a flat tire, otherwise excellent. There are at least two worthwhile anchors and rode. This boat is definitely worth restoring and the owner only wants to sell to someone who will restore the boat. The owner, Chris, is willing to entertain reasonable offers. Contact Chris at area code 6 zero 7, three two seven, 1647 to discuss further.

                    Eric

                    --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <eric14850@...> wrote:

                    > A couple of people are interested. I'll see what I can do. Has been hard to connect with the person just to ask his plans for the boat, and even then I just got to talk to his house mate.
                    > Eric
                    >

                    > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "etap28" <dave.irland@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Eric
                    > > Is there any way to get in touch with the owner? I don't want to waste anybody's time but I would be interested in a photo or two and a baseline price . . .
                    > > Dave
                    > >
                    > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <eric14850@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > A Martha Jane in pretty rough but restorable shape on an excellent four wheel trailer is available in Ithaca, NY. No price but the owner is interested in selling the boat. If there is any serious interest I will look into the matter further. The mast and rub rails would have to be replaced. I have not thoroughly examined the boat, but the hull appears to be in good shape and is fiberglass covered.
                    > > >
                    > > > Eric

                  • Eric
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 3, 2013
                      Sounds like one and the same.
                      Eric

                      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Mason Smith" wrote:

                      > This sounds like a Martha Jane that was until recently in self-storage near
                      > Albany. The bill there was paid and the boat removed within the past couple
                      > of months. Is this the one now near Ithaca? Call this "serious
                      > interest."--Mason

                    • Mason Smith
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 3, 2013

                        I’m now in touch with the owner. The boat is near Ithaca.---Mason

                        > This sounds like a Martha Jane that was until recently in self-storage near
                        > Albany. The bill there was paid and the boat removed within the past couple
                        > of months. Is this the one now near Ithaca? Call this "serious
                        > interest."--Mason

                      • leighpilot
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 16, 2014
                          I bought it. Have built a new leeboard , main mast. Cleaned the interior, repainted the entire , new sails. Comments queries, suggestions all welcome.

                          Leigh Ross.
                          Leighpilot@....
                        • BruceHallman
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 16, 2014
                            This is exciting!  I am reminded of seeing George Broadlick's Martha Jane in Glochester inner harbor, truly an impressive boat.  Hope you have lots of fun.

                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 16, 2014
                                Where is she berthed?

                                Sent from my iPhone

                                On Apr 16, 2014, at 12:24 PM, <Leighpilot@...> wrote:

                                I bought it. Have built a new leeboard , main mast. Cleaned the interior, repainted the entire , new sails. Comments queries, suggestions all welcome.

                                Leigh Ross.

                              • harryjak
                                Message 15 of 15 , Apr 16, 2014
                                  Video of George and his Martha Jane at the memorial

                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILa2JF9fY3E

                                  HJ