Re: [bolger] Re: Info on the folding schooner

    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2005
      > > most every amateur builder makes the mistake of trying
      > > to build a gold plated monument,

      > Everything Bruce said(and he should know!) 'cept this last part.

      Perhaps I am off base, but my thinking was this... if you use
      your first boat as a [quick] learning experience, the second
      boat will be a much better *and* more efficient 'gold plater'
      should that be what you want.

      It is hard to make a real glossy boat until after you learn some
      of the basic skills.

      My first boat at least, built 35 years ago, was a true failure.
      [Though I *still* had fun building it...]