Re: Viking boat plans ordered

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2005
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hector" <bruce_hector@h...>
      wrote:
      > I've ordered the plans for the Kari 2, an 18 foot interpretation of
      > Norse Faering (which means she'll swing four oars!).
      >
      > http://www.selway-fisher.com/DoubleEs.htm#KAR
      >
      > Does anyone think this will take a sail, a square norseman's sail of
      > course.

      Sure she will....a bit small perhaps in size but nevertheless usefull
      for running with the wind while the cooler is still full of ice-n-
      mead.In fact,if we pull off a night-time raid up in Ottawa town and
      yank off a Canadian flag flying on any of the larger public
      buildings,I think you'll have yerself a fine sail right there.And
      nooo,t'ain't stealin' 'cause we's already paid fer it with you and
      me's taxes..right Mouton Noir?

      Sincerely,

      Peter"my Porto for a flaggon-o-mead anyday" Lenihan, always ready to
      welcome thirsty pirates,whores and thieves at his dusty bowshed "shop-
      by-the-locks" along the mighty St.Lawrence..........