Re: [bolger] Digest Number 2459

  • carolfo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2005
      In a message dated 5/3/2005 12:31:00 PM Central Standard Time,
      bolger@yahoogroups.com writes:

      I think it was the great philosopher, Forrest Gump, who claimed
      the "Pretty is as pretty does".

      I think that was "stupid is as stupid does" but I could be wrong. Im not a
      smart man, but I do know what love is. Sorry, but I loved that flick.
      Robert

    • carolfo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2005
        In a message dated 5/3/2005 12:31:00 PM Central Standard Time,
        bolger@yahoogroups.com writes:

        Here is another ugly boat,
        that looks better in three dimensions:

        $100 in New Jersey, a steal.

        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5577920834

        That would be well worth the price if you only needed something to water the
        livestock.
        Robert

      • Bruce Coho
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2005
          You're right, I just used a little literary license to illustrate a
          point. Wasn't trying to insult the movie.

          For a design from 1998 or earlier, it is very interesting. How much
          boat can you put on the water for the least amout of money? Bolger
          seems to have played with this theme a lot over the years. Out of his
          (sometimes controversial) design concepts have come some real gems.

          If I had a large family and not much money but wanted the most boat I
          could afford, this might just do the trick. I know I might consider
          it since I would be worrying about the family jewels (kids, wife etc.)
          in a boat that I would be taking to sea.

          Enough said, It is interesting and doesn't appeal to everybody even on
          a site with a lot of Bolger fans.

          So who is still thinking about building a Super Brick?

          Bruce