MIDWEST MESSABOUT 2005 !!!!

  • vexatious2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2005
      The 2005 Midwest Messabout will be held on
      June 10, 11, & 12 2005 @ Gun Creek Campground
      @ Rend Lake in South-central Illinois, USA.

      Once again, campspots# 55 and #56
      (on the "Cardinal" loop) will serve as
      "ground zero' for the activities.

      Maps of the campground and reservation info @

      http://www.rendlake.com/pages/recreation/campingguncreek.htm

      Looks like campspot fees are $12.00/ night this
      year, which includes the use of a very nice concrete
      launch ramp in a sheltered cove. If you want to
      leave your vehicle @ the ramp and not get a
      camp spot, the ramp fee was $3.00/ daylast year;
      don't know if it has increased.

      As usual, there will be a "group-effort" Saturday
      evening meal. We will all vote on what we want
      for dinner (hamburgers and hot dogs) and a couple
      of us will run into town for supplies. You may
      contribute food or cash if you wish but
      there is no requirement to nor will anyone
      keep track of who contributes what. I will
      be bringing the dessert.

      Usually a least a few of us run-over to a local
      greasy spoon for breakfast on Sat. & Sunday.

      I will be arriving Friday, late morning, and will head for
      home late Sunday morning.

      Although it can never be guaranteed what boats or how many
      boats will show up, this messabout is usually a good
      place to see a bunch of home-made boats at one time.

      All are welcome; home-made boat, factory-made boat, or
      no boat.

      Any questions, drop me an e-mail:

      cadbury112@...

      Max