Hybrid

  • jason
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2005
      I have recently started building a boat for the Palacios Raid at
      matagorda bay.I am still considering taking my PDR but if this boat is
      finished I will take it instead.It is a cross between a one sheet
      skiff,a sunfish,a PD Racer,and plans I found on SVENSONS.COM for a
      boat called the TERN.I call it the Hybrid.I used the OSS plans and
      just expanded on them.It is 11'8" long and has a 3'6" beam.I added a
      rocker bottom and used a few lines from the Sunfish and the TERN.The
      sides are 12" tall at the widest point and it goes from 6" at the bow
      and 9" at the stern.So far I have spent less than $30 and the boat has
      already gone 3D.I have the bow glued and glassed,the middle bulkhead
      and transom are tied in as well.I used luan for the sides and scarfed
      them together.the gunwals and chines are made from a 2x6 that I ripped
      down to 1x2s if you do it right you get 6 good ones.I plan on useing
      1/4" ply for the decking and 3/8" ply for the bottom.It is pretty
      strong already and I believe it will get stronger as I add the ply.I
      will post some pics as I get them.
      Thanks
      Jason Nabors