Re: [bolger] Junebug w/External Chines

  • catboat15@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2005
      In a message dated 4/27/2005 8:55:42 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      arielmiller@... writes:

      Junebug with external chine logs

      I have a library book here by Jim Michalak with some plans using external
      chine logs along with a method of installing lee boards. The name of the book is
      "Boatbuilding for Beginners and Beyond"

      John Meacham
      High desert of California
      Bolger Cartopper.

    • cosermann
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 27, 2005
        Thanks. I have that book too. I'm wondering if there's any reason
        why I would NOT want to put them on the outside.

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, catboat15@a... wrote:

        > In a message dated 4/27/2005 8:55:42 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        > arielmiller@h... writes:
        >
        > Junebug with external chine logs
        >

        > I have a library book here by Jim Michalak with some plans using
        external
        > chine logs along with a method of installing lee boards. The name
        of the book is
        > "Boatbuilding for Beginners and Beyond"
        >
        > John Meacham
        > High desert of California
        > Bolger Cartopper.

      • pauldayau
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 28, 2005
          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "cosermann" <arielmiller@h...> wrote:

          > I'm thinking about maybe building a Junebug with external chine
          logs.
          > Seems like they'd be easier to do outside, would provide more
          > protection to the chine, and make internal framing easier. I
          realize I
          > would have to tweak the leeboard maybe.
          >
          > Any other issues I may not have considered?
          >
          > Regards,
          Ihave 2 bilge keels on my JB 4" deep,36" long. no leeboard when
          sailing we use a paddle and bodies moving up and down the boat to
          steer. only use the shallow rudder in a good breeze. too easy.
          cheers paul Day