Re: [bolger] A request please (cartopper)

  • catboat15@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2005
      Thanks Pete: I did get the article that Dynamite wrote for the Wooden Boat
      magazine, but that article stops before the sailing version is done. So does
      not include the rather vague information on the mast step, center board, rudder
      etc.
      I am planning to make the center board and rudder from 1/2 inch ply to avoid
      buying another full sheet of 1/4 inch to double up for those parts.
      One reason I wanted the magazine articles as it included sources for the
      "Bolger eyes" for rudder hinges as well as the stainless steel reinforcements
      for the center board pivot. If I can't locate the stainless steel for these
      parts I will go to brass which I can machine work here at home. (I hate working
      stainless, some alloys are really hard to work with)
      Epoxy and such with the really slow hardener should arrive today so can get
      to work joining panels and laminating the stem. Here in the desert I use the
      slow hardener as it gets too hot for regular stuff here, but it still starts
      to set up fast.