Re: [bolger] Tom MacNaughton's 18 ft displacement power cruiser "Maddy"

  • Sam Glasscock
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2005
      Micheal, I agree that this boat would be better with a
      box keel--standing headroom with less tophamper, and
      the shaft angle (which is pretty steep here) would be
      much improved. Bolger's 22 "small motorsailer"
      cartoon is pretty close in size (but not appearance),
      a box keel, hard-chined cruising motorsailer. I have
      written PB&F about lengthening this boat to make a
      trailerable motor-only trailerable cruiser, but I
      havn't heard back, and I'm not holding my breath,
      knowing how busy they are. It sure would make a nice
      boat. The larger box keel boats (economy motorsailer,
      shady lady, etc.) are too beamy to trailer. Sam

      http://mail.yahoo.com