pirogue 19

  • martin304919
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2005
      just been to the new common sense site,came across the pirogue design
      this boat appears to be "a boat for all seasons"
      has anyone got an unbiased opinion on the design?
      itchy feet martin
    • dbaldnz
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2005
        Certainly not Martin.
        Any opinion you get on any boat will be biased. :)
        DonB

        http://oink.kiwiwebhost.biz/

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "martin304919" <martin.feaviour@b...>
        wrote:

        > just been to the new common sense site,came across the pirogue design
        > this boat appears to be "a boat for all seasons"
        > has anyone got an unbiased opinion on the design?
        > itchy feet martin
      • pseudospark
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 14, 2005
          Martin,

          I believe you mean Pirogue 16, designed by Bolger, that CSB sells
          plans for. However, about 14 years ago I built this model but did
          stretch it to 19 ft (actually about 19-1/2 ft). My wife and I still
          use it regularly with oars, paddles, pole or electric motor. The
          boat's a favorite and was very easy to build.

          The stretch looks nice and it also gives enough room forward of the
          center rowing seat to stretch out when camping in the boat (limit = 1
          person in that case).

          A few pictures can be found at http://www.belljar.net/boat.htm

          Steve H