[bolger] Re: "Step" Sneakeasy

  • bgbeck55@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 1999
      Thanks Gregg,
      All I intended was to keep the plumb sides, but increase beam to 5'0".
      I wasn't sure how long ago the piece in BWOM had been written and if PCB
      had drawn up plans in the mean time. What's the max. on passengers? 2?4?
      Bruce

      ghc <ghart-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=421
      > I ordered the "square" plans from Payson, and completed the "step" versions
      > using the book. I believe the book says there are (were?) no expansions
      > available for the step type.
      >
      > There seems to be plenty of room in my boat, 3 a breast gets cozy, but not
      > oo bad. Hard to know what you mean by "hurt", but you are suggesting
      > increasing the boat size by 25%, plus wetted area. Or, if you mean to
      > flare the sides, then you have changed the boat in more ways than one...
      >
      > Gregg C.
      >
      > At 04:17 PM 10/3/1999 -0700, you wrote:
      > > Is the "step" version of Sneakeasy a separate set of plans? I
      > >received the study plan from HHP, but makes no mention of the "step"
      > >variation. If you want to build one, do you just use the information in
      > >BWOM or contact PCB? Also would it hurt the design if the upper portion
      > >were widened to 5'0" in order to gain a little more elbow room for the
      > >occupants?

    • G Carlson
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 1999
        No, we've had 6 more than once, and 4 is easy...

        > Thanks Gregg,
        > All I intended was to keep the plumb sides, but increase beam to 5'0".
        > I wasn't sure how long ago the piece in BWOM had been written and if PCB
        > had drawn up plans in the mean time. What's the max. on passengers? 2?4?
        >Bruce
        >

        > ghc <ghart-@...> wrote:
        >original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=421
        >> I ordered the "square" plans from Payson, and completed the "step"
        >>versions
        >> using the book. I believe the book says there are (were?) no expansions
        >> available for the step type.
        >>
        >> There seems to be plenty of room in my boat, 3 a breast gets cozy, but not
        >> oo bad. Hard to know what you mean by "hurt", but you are suggesting
        >> increasing the boat size by 25%, plus wetted area. Or, if you mean to
        >> flare the sides, then you have changed the boat in more ways than one...
        >>
        >> Gregg C.
        >>
        >> At 04:17 PM 10/3/1999 -0700, you wrote:
        >> > Is the "step" version of Sneakeasy a separate set of plans? I
        >> >received the study plan from HHP, but makes no mention of the "step"
        >> >variation. If you want to build one, do you just use the information in
        >> >BWOM or contact PCB? Also would it hurt the design if the upper portion
        >> >were widened to 5'0" in order to gain a little more elbow room for the
        >> >occupants?

        >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger
      • donschultz8275
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2004
          There are also pics of a Sneakeasy in Alaska w' a PCB sketched
          forward cockpit. That is a flatbottom version. Combining the pit w'
          the step version may not be wise given they step reduces flotation
          fwd.

          IMO, a widening to 5 ft would be a different boat with far different
          characteristics that the original.

          Don Schultz