Re: Caulking report, was Caulking stuff

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 4, 2005
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, hal <hl700@c...> wrote:
      > One of my constraints is that I want the decks to be
      > removable.

      Hi Hal,

      I must have missed something along the way but I did not know the
      TEAL even had a deck(s)......I do recall it having just a few slates
      to hold the prescribed floatation in place but otherwise deckfree.
      Perhaps you WANT to have a deck(s) instead of slates and if that
      is the case,the deck is so teeny why even make it removable at all
      when it amounts to just a big breasthook anyway and that is
      something you'd want solidly anchored in place :-)
      Access bellow can be assured through openings easily made through
      whatever bulkhead(s) you would place inboard to support the upper
      aft edge of the "deck".
      Hope this makes sense, as I can hardly understand it myself :-)
      Sorry to read about the mess with caulking goop.Aim for solid boat
      boatbuilding and not dismountable boats.............:-D

      Sincerely,

      Peter "quit caulking around" Lenihan,halfway through the aft
      stateroom and making plans for the roof beintôt,from along the banks
      of the St.Lawrence.........