Re: [bolger] Caulking report, was Caulking stuff

  • hal
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 4, 2005
      On Apr 4, 2005, at 9:39 AM, Bruce Hallman wrote:

      > Liberal use of masking tape helps a little.
      >
      > Disposable 'one use' cardboard 'coving tools'
      > you make with a sissors can help too.

      Oh sure?! Now you tell me.

      hal
    • Bruce Hector
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 4, 2005
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, hal <hl700@c...> wrote:
        "In ten minutes I managed to caulk 35% of my body and most of the
        garage. The Teal fared a little better."

        Good work Hal,

        Did you hear the story about the engineer with two degeres who used
        expanding foam in the air chambers of his beautiful strip built
        canoe....

        Believe me, it can get far worse.

        Bruce Hector
        http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/1000IslandFunRowers/
        A group for fun or touring rowing I'm trying to get going here in
        Kingston now that the water has (mostly) thawed.
      • Peter Lenihan
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 4, 2005
          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, hal <hl700@c...> wrote:
          > One of my constraints is that I want the decks to be
          > removable.

          Hi Hal,

          I must have missed something along the way but I did not know the
          TEAL even had a deck(s)......I do recall it having just a few slates
          to hold the prescribed floatation in place but otherwise deckfree.
          Perhaps you WANT to have a deck(s) instead of slates and if that
          is the case,the deck is so teeny why even make it removable at all
          when it amounts to just a big breasthook anyway and that is
          something you'd want solidly anchored in place :-)
          Access bellow can be assured through openings easily made through
          whatever bulkhead(s) you would place inboard to support the upper
          aft edge of the "deck".
          Hope this makes sense, as I can hardly understand it myself :-)
          Sorry to read about the mess with caulking goop.Aim for solid boat
          boatbuilding and not dismountable boats.............:-D

          Sincerely,

          Peter "quit caulking around" Lenihan,halfway through the aft
          stateroom and making plans for the roof beintôt,from along the banks
          of the St.Lawrence.........