Re: [bolger] Caulking report, was Caulking stuff

    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 4, 2005
      > I am in awe of you who can actually do this correctly.
      > hal,

      I don't think you are describing anyone around here.

      Liberal use of masking tape helps a little.

      Disposable 'one use' cardboard 'coving tools'
      you make with a sissors can help too.
    • hal
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 4, 2005
        On Apr 4, 2005, at 9:39 AM, Bruce Hallman wrote:

        > Liberal use of masking tape helps a little.
        >
        > Disposable 'one use' cardboard 'coving tools'
        > you make with a sissors can help too.

        Oh sure?! Now you tell me.

        hal
      • Bruce Hector
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 4, 2005
          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, hal <hl700@c...> wrote:
          "In ten minutes I managed to caulk 35% of my body and most of the
          garage. The Teal fared a little better."

          Good work Hal,

          Did you hear the story about the engineer with two degeres who used
          expanding foam in the air chambers of his beautiful strip built
          canoe....

          Believe me, it can get far worse.

          Bruce Hector
          http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/1000IslandFunRowers/
          A group for fun or touring rowing I'm trying to get going here in
          Kingston now that the water has (mostly) thawed.
        • Peter Lenihan
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 4, 2005
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, hal <hl700@c...> wrote:
            > One of my constraints is that I want the decks to be
            > removable.

            Hi Hal,

            I must have missed something along the way but I did not know the
            TEAL even had a deck(s)......I do recall it having just a few slates
            to hold the prescribed floatation in place but otherwise deckfree.
            Perhaps you WANT to have a deck(s) instead of slates and if that
            is the case,the deck is so teeny why even make it removable at all
            when it amounts to just a big breasthook anyway and that is
            something you'd want solidly anchored in place :-)
            Access bellow can be assured through openings easily made through
            whatever bulkhead(s) you would place inboard to support the upper
            aft edge of the "deck".
            Hope this makes sense, as I can hardly understand it myself :-)
            Sorry to read about the mess with caulking goop.Aim for solid boat
            boatbuilding and not dismountable boats.............:-D

            Sincerely,

            Peter "quit caulking around" Lenihan,halfway through the aft
            stateroom and making plans for the roof beintôt,from along the banks
            of the St.Lawrence.........