Re: Plywood debate, etc

  • Ron Magen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2005
      John, Rick, & Will,

      A great proponent of 'Good but Cheap' is George Buehler. His book, 'Backyard
      Boatbuilding', has a lot of interesting recommendations. Many are applicable
      to a small boat. If nothing else, it's a FUN read !!

      However you build your boat, it's the cheapest & best therapy around.

      Regards & Good Luck,
      Ron Magen
      Backyard Boatshop

      > Message: 8
      > Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:19:19 -0500
      > From: "John Bell" <smallboatdesigner@...>
      > Subject: Plywood debate, and boat building budgets.
      >
      > As I'm preparing to build my next boat (an 11' sailboat to my own design,
      > see MAIB, October 15, 2004), I put together a preliminary budget . . .
      SNIP