Balanced lug reefing line photos

  • gbship
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3 12:07 PM
      Fellow Lug-nuts:
      A couple people were interested in the reefing arrangements on my 30-
      foot balanced luggers, so I created an album on the photo page. The
      first word in the album title is "balanced." There's also an old
      photo of the boat under full sail. This is the boat as originally
      built; since them the cabin has been lengthened and raised. It's not
      nearly as pretty, but much more roomy...

      Gary Blankenship
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3 12:34 PM
        > Fellow Lug-nuts:
        > A couple people were interested in the reefing arrangements on my 30-
        > foot balanced luggers, so I created an album on the photo page. The
        > first word in the album title is "balanced." There's also an old
        > photo of the boat under full sail. This is the boat as originally
        > built; since them the cabin has been lengthened and raised. It's not
        > nearly as pretty, but much more roomy...
        >
        > Gary Blankenship

        Great article in Duckworks, Le Dulci-Mer, Bolger design #457, I don't
        recall an article in the magazine Messing About in Boats.

        It is hard to tell from the photos, but the cabin looks very large
        and roomy, with almost a 'glasshouse' window Navigator style
        to it.

        How many other Balance Lug Rig sailboats has Bolger designed?
        Jessie Cooper is a Balanced Lug Yawl rig, etc..
      • mannthree
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3 10:16 PM
          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "gbship" <gbship@c...> wrote:
          > Gary,

          Is this boat a Bolger original and what are the dimensions etc,
          John Mann