Hey Bruce - Kingston 2005?

  • Andrew Butchart
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 3, 2005
      Bruce (and group)

      What are the odds of there being a 2005 Messabout in Kingston this
      year? I can haul my pirogue and much of the rest of the fleet over
      for a day trip.

      Andrew Butchart
      andrew@...
    • Bruce Hector
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 3, 2005
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Butchart" <neustadtonca@f...>
        wrote: "What are the odds of there being a 2005 Messabout in Kingston
        this year?"

        Andrew, They're excellent.

        I'll flesh out the details as soon as they solidify, but for now,
        expect the following:

        Date: The weekend after Labour Day, Sept. 9, 10 and 11, 2005

        Location: Same, Rideau Acres Campground, Kingston, Ontario, Canada

        Events: Friday eve, Wine & Cheese dockside.
        Saturday eve: Pot luck in the clubhouse.
        Sunday, pot luck breakfast dockside, featuring Sheriff
        Bruce's Texas Beans.

        The maps, etc at
        http://www.brucesboats.com
        are all still correct. I'll update the info as soon as I have a few
        attendees and their boats on file. So, If you're planning on
        attending, an eMail of your intentions, preferably with a pic or two
        attached will be much appreciated.

        Messabouts Rule!

        Bruce Hector
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 3, 2005
          > Date: The weekend after Labour Day, Sept. 9, 10 and 11, 2005
          > Location: Rideau Acres Campground, Kingston, Ontario, Canada

          Damn, per Mapquest, 6,000 miles round trip!
          [Only $700 of gasoline, though.]

          Same weekend at Port Townsend Wooden Boat show, I think.
        • John Bell
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 3, 2005
            Closer in time (and possibly distance, depending on where you're coming
            from) is the Southeastern Messabout on Lake Allatoona near Atlanta, GA on
            May 13-15, 2005 at Sweetwater Campground, Canton, GA.

            We've got quite a few coming already.

            (Pardon the gratuitous plug, but the more the merrier!)

            Contact me and I'll tell you all about it.

            JB

            > > Location: Rideau Acres Campground, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
            >
            > Damn, per Mapquest, 6,000 miles round trip!
            > [Only $700 of gasoline, though.]
            >
            > Same weekend at Port Townsend Wooden Boat show, I think.

            (978) 282-1349
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Andrew Butchart
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 4, 2005
              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hector" <bruce_hector@h...>
              wrote:

              >So, If you're planning on
              > attending, an eMail of your intentions, preferably with a pic or
              >two attached will be much appreciated.

              I expect we'll make a day trip of it on Saturday and bring down a
              good portion of the fleet - CSD Pirogue, One Sheet Skiff, MouseBoat,
              modified Cheap Canoe.

              I have to confirm with the rest of the crew and will send official
              info probably next week.

              Andrew Butchart
              andrew@...
              http://www.floatingbear.ca
            • Susan Davis
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 5, 2005
                Bruce H:
                > I'll flesh out the details as soon as they solidify, but for now,
                > expect the following:
                >
                > Date: The weekend after Labour Day, Sept. 9, 10 and 11, 2005

                Huzzah! We'll be there, with Mouseboats and H&HS in tow. No Insolent
                60, I fear, but one of these years....

                --
                Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
              • Paul McLellan
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 5, 2005
                  Great news for all boaters and bolgerados within range of Kingston.
                  The 2003 messabout was fantastic, well organized and lots of fun
                  with solid information for all combined with a great site. We plan
                  to be there with the Happy Adventure, a bolger houseboat #481.
                  Thanks Bruce
                • Peter Lenihan
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 8, 2005
                    wrote:
                    >> Andrew, They're excellent.
                    >
                    > I'll flesh out the details as soon as they solidify, but for now,
                    > expect the following:

                    Great good news Bruce! I plan on coming but remain boatless unless a
                    miracle happens and things move ahead much quicker then expected!
                    How does it feel to be back in the land of ice-n-snow anyway,eh?

                    Pierre,Le Mouton Gris de Montréal
                  • Bruce Hector
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 9, 2005
                      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Lenihan" <peterlenihan@h...>
                      wrote: "I plan on coming but remain boatless unless a miracle happens
                      and things move ahead much quicker then expected! How does it feel to
                      be back in the land of ice-n-snow anyway,eh?"

                      Ah, mes amis Pierre, Le Mouton Gris de Montréal

                      Slap together whatever will be Windemere's dinghy, its needed anyway.
                      Plus it will let you get on the water for theraputic rows/sails after
                      a long day up to your ears in port and epoxy.

                      Ice-n-snow? I'm back in Florida, slapping a modular canoe together on
                      a rainy day.

                      Bruce Hector
                      Port-less, but experiencing no shortage of Heineken or PL Premium in
                      the sunny south.
                    • pvanderwaart
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 9, 2005
                        > Slap together whatever will be Windemere's dinghy, its needed anyway.

                        Sacre Bleu! Zees M. Lenihan, he does not "slap together" as you say ze
                        dinghy or any zing else. M. Lenihan, he is ze craftsman extraordinary.
                      • Susan Davis
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 9, 2005
                          > Bruce Hector
                          > Port-less, but experiencing no shortage of Heineken or PL Premium in
                          > the sunny south.

                          Just don't drink the PL Premium, eh?

                          -- Sue --
                          (guessing that there *is* a shortage of Smitty's in Florida)

                          --
                          Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
                        • Peter Lenihan
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 9, 2005
                            wrote:
                            > Ah, mes amis Pierre, Le Mouton Gris de Montréal
                            >
                            > Slap together whatever will be Windemere's dinghy, its needed
                            anyway.
                            > Plus it will let you get on the water for theraputic rows/sails
                            after
                            > a long day up to your ears in port and epoxy.
                            >
                            > Ice-n-snow? I'm back in Florida, slapping a modular canoe together
                            on
                            > a rainy day.
                            >
                            > Bruce Hector
                            > Port-less, but experiencing no shortage of Heineken or PL Premium
                            in
                            > the sunny south.

                            Cher Monsieur Le Baron de Kingston,

                            I see that your French is slipping as you have positioned the
                            word for friend in a plural context which suggests the existance or
                            at least desire for many friends called "Pierre". But you are
                            pardoned since it is really not your fault but rather the pickelled
                            remains of former schooling efforts which have failed you. Of
                            course, most of these shortcomings can be readily remedied through
                            concerted efforts best directed toward the young lassess spiraling
                            down chrome poles in some of my dear provinces better
                            establishments,or as you fondly call them,"joints" / "dives".

                            It pains me to inform you that any and all "slapping" performed
                            by me(on me?) is of a great and private nature and usually committed
                            behind shaded windows so as to prevent the letcherous wandering eyes
                            of your fellow Ontarioins(howeverthehellthatisspelled) from watering
                            excessively with regret and envy.

                            Nevertheless, I do comprendre your sentiment and will look into
                            the possiblility of assembling a Teal or even a June Bug for the
                            blowout..woops...I mean MESSABOUT....might even raffel it off for a
                            case or two of Porto at the end of the weekend:-)

                            And you are most unkind in reminding me(us) of your cowardly
                            retreat back to the sunshine state.Whatsamatter with you? Gone an'
                            gotten yerself all good an' sunstroked ? Been drinkin' too much of
                            that stuff southerners call "beer"? Hhrrummph..and you call yourself
                            a pirate! We're gonna have to review your application to the Two
                            Four or Die Club and heretofore request that you keep your shoes on
                            when boarding member boats.You raskel you!

                            And,and,and wouldn't it be just like you,you from Ontario,to be
                            out there "slapping" something you call a "modular canoe".What a
                            crafty new name for a"Johnson" or a "Willy" or"the little fella" !

                            Finally,there will be absolutely no sympathies from me
                            regarding your recklessly self-imposed "port-less" state of affairs.
                            I say come back home to the land of real men where the Porto flows
                            like..well you know..like Porto by golly and where "topless" really
                            means"bottomless".Who says the French got it all backwards :-D

                            Sincerely,

                            Peter"les Pierre" Lenihan, stocking up on some real Porto for his
                            excellencies imminent return to sanity,from along the shores of the
                            St.Lawrence..............
                          • Andrew Butchart
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 3, 2005
                              Bruce - did you get my note saying that I'd be attending?
                            • Bruce Hector
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 3, 2005
                                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Butchart" <neustadtonca@f...>
                                wrote: "Did you get my note saying that I'd be attending?"

                                Yep, sure did!

                                Just haven't had a chance to post any changes to the Messabout website.

                                Bruce