Tsunami boats

  • chodges31711
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      I heard an interview this afternoon on Christian Radio about a
      charity - Samaritan's Purse - that is supplying boats to fishermen
      that lost theirs in the tsunami. They said that since it was a poor
      coastal region many of the victims were fishermen. Getting the
      fishermen back to fishing will supply food and help the economy get
      restarted. To get good boats and to further help the economy they are
      paying local boat builders to build the boats. They have $23 million
      for relief (not all for boats).
      Since so many boats were lost, boat building should be an in demand
      occupation for a while.

      Charles