Re: [bolger] Light Dory MK V?

    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
      Also, the Letter to the Editor,
      and the SBJ 'retraction' sheds
      light on the controversy of who
      owns the rights to the name
      "Gloucester Gull".

      http://hallman.org/JimOrrell.gif
    • Philip Smith
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
        Why cheat Phil Bolger out of $50? Why not buy the
        plans from PB&F? Shouldn't genius have some reward?

        Phil Smith

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/5iY7fA/6WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/_0TolB/TM

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
          > http://jmbell.home.mindspring.com/blackberry_14.htm

          I'll try to say this delicately, with no offense intended
          to jmbell. But from a subjective aesthetic measure,
          comparing the voluptuous sweeping curves of a Bolger
          Light Dory to the Blackberry 14 is perhaps like comparing
          Scarlett Johannson to Sheryl Crow?
        • Stefan Gutermuth
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
            You're analogy is completely subjective. I personally appreciate Sheryl's
            beauty, and find her artistic talent to be far superior to that other
            person, (Scarlett Johannson).

            Stefan Gutermuth, V.P.
            John O'Hara Company
            Ph: 973-673-4676
            Fx: 973-673-7141
            Cl: 201-970-8007
            stefan@...

            I'll try to say this delicately, with no offense intended
            to jmbell. But from a subjective aesthetic measure,
            comparing the voluptuous sweeping curves of a Bolger
            Light Dory to the Blackberry 14 is perhaps like comparing Scarlett Johannson
            to Sheryl Crow?

            Bolger rules!!!
            (978) 282-1349
            Yahoo! Groups Links
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
              > You're analogy is completely subjective.

              Clearly subjective, as I wrote.
              I appreciate both those boats
              and both those people,
              each for different reasons!
              I'm sorry if I implied otherwise.
            • John Bell
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
                My Blackberry is supposed to be different from Bolger's dory. Both of the
                Blackberries were designed to be a little chunkier, with a little more
                initial stability to make the boat better for more relaxed pursuits like
                fishing.

                I'm not offended at all with the comparison. If you build my boat, great! If
                you build some one else's boat, great! No skin off my nose.

                > I'll try to say this delicately, with no offense intended
                > to jmbell. But from a subjective aesthetic measure,
                > comparing the voluptuous sweeping curves of a Bolger
                > Light Dory to the Blackberry 14 is perhaps like comparing
                > Scarlett Johannson to Sheryl Crow?

              • Peter Lenihan
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
                  > > http://jmbell.home.mindspring.com/blackberry_14.htm
                  >
                  >comparing
                  > Scarlett Johannson to Sheryl Crow?

                  come on Bruce...quit being such a tease and tell us which one you
                  have a crush on anyways? :-)

                  Peter Lenihan
                • Nels
                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
                    --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Philip Smith <pbs@w...> wrote:
                    > Why cheat Phil Bolger out of $50? Why not buy the
                    > plans from PB&F? Shouldn't genius have some reward?
                    >
                    > Phil Smith

                    My apologies, I did not realize my post would have such a deleterious
                    effect on the group. I must have been delirious at the time:-)

                    I thought I was only providing information to one who was interested
                    in the stitch and glue option. Thank God I never mentioned Down East
                    Dories!

                    But it gave me a chance to use two words I don't normally get to use.

                    Now I have to research the connection between all this and those two
                    women Bruce is involved with:-)

                    Cheers,

                    Nels (Who's research seems to be unending.)
                  • Nels
                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 1, 2005
                      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Lenihan" <peterlenihan@h...>
                      wrote:
                      > come on Bruce...quit being such a tease and tell us which one you
                      > have a crush on anyways? :-)
                      >
                      > Peter Lenihan

                      Finished with my research. Because of the way Lestat has been
                      constructed with no added floatation, for my deck crew I would have
                      to choose the one who seems to have the most. That would be Scarlett
                      in my estimation.

                      Now I wonder if I still need a winch as well?

                      Cheers,

                      Nels,