Re: [bolger] Sandpaper?

  • Roger Derby
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 5, 2005
      It took over a year of looking, but I finally found wet-or-dry paper for my
      PNEUMATIC random orbital sander. Used wet, the clogging is significantly
      reduced. Messy, but effective. (My theory is that once the first bit of
      epoxy bonds to the paper, it then melts more and more. Water keeps it cool)

      I guess the manufacturers think we are idiots and will use it with electric
      tools -- probably not more than once. I bought my pneumatic sander
      specifically to use this way.

      I'd tell you where I got it (Klingspor Woodworking), but it was a
      close-out/discontinued item. http://www.woodworkingshop.com/

      Roger
      derbyrm@...
      http://derbyrm.mystarband.net/default.htm

      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 11, 2005
        > I made a model, see pictures here:
        >
        > http://community.webshots.com/album/269254456jqIYmP
        >
        > It is a pretty darn interesting innovation in kayaks I think,
        > as it takes on the 'boxy sides' signature of Bolger, unlike
        > all the other kayaks I can think of, I want one!

        I haven't received the Feb issue of MAIB. I have uploaded a photo of
        Bob Cushing in his Cruising Kayak in the Kayak folder in "Photos". It
        appeared in an old issue of Chebacco News. I bought the plans several
        years ago and I am dying to build it - although I think I have to
        stick to virtual boat building if I want to stay married...