Re: bee

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
      > > some questions about the Bee
      > > And what is the carrying capacity?
      > > Sipke
      >
      > I plugged the lines of the Bolger Bee into
      > the Hulls program and see that the
      > stationary displacement is marginal.
      >
      > http://hallman.org/bolger/BeeWaterline.gif

      There are some little old burry photos here, one showing Phil in
      prototype:-)

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
        Also, here is a scan of the old [defunct] Common Sense Design
        catalogue selling Bolger Bee plans.
        Can anybody recall if Bolger has ever published an article about
        Bee in a magazine or book?

        http://hallman.org/bolger/381/CSDbee.gif

        This is also pertinent to the thread asking about the
        cutwater of Fastbrick.
      • donschultz8275
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
          > There are some little old burry photos here, one showing Phil in
          > prototype:-)

          And a Super Bee. Did Bolger do the Super Bee, or was the scale up
          done by the builder?

          Anybody know?

          Some day someone will get Bolger's stuff organized and properly
          marketed. My guess is I could make a nice living marketing their
          (PB&F) stuff, and still pay whatever they are making now from his
          genius and hardwork.
        • Bruce Hector
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2005
            There's a Bee album in this groups photo section with some good
            shots, looks pretty servicable.

            Bruce Hector