Re: Removing a Teal center frame

  • Joe Tribulato
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 20, 2005
      Brent

      Don't worry too much about comfort, You'll be having too much fun. Go
      with the spacer blocks and round off the corners of the inwales a bit.
      If you still need comfort, but a section on pipe insulation on the
      gunwale, or better, use your spare PFD for a back cushion. wouldn't
      uglify it like pipe insulation. I'll put up a photo in B-5 of my
      latest Teal. Note the dory transom just visable with rounded top.
      Thwarts are set about 1/2" below the gunwale to let the sheer line
      flow without a break. With blocked inwale screw the thwarts below the
      inwale into solid blocking. End decks are no problem. Put them below
      the inwale, again solid blocking also in this area. Note: adds weight.
      Leave a hole for water to drain when stored inverted. Whatever you
      decide, just do it. It isn,t a lifetime commitment. It is likely there
      are more boats in your future.