Re: Gold-plater Chebacco?

  • donschultz8275
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 11, 2005
      The website for the V-39 has links to an excellent build up site that
      provides much detail. The designer added some shaping to the hull
      that makes the boat prettier and a touch harder to build. I would
      agree that a Dakota appears to be an easier build than a V-39, and to
      me is 'pretty enough'. A Windemere, Topaz, or Sitka Explorer would
      be more complex than the V-39, but may be more seaworthy in open
      water.

      The Minnesota and Wyoming are both capable of handling big engines.
      Their hulls reflect the complexity needed to provide adequate
      strength without excessive weight to hamper the speed they can
      provide. Wyoming is a significant effort just because of the scale,
      being 50'. IMO for the size and performance in protected waters,
      Minnesota looks straight forward.

      The 63' Illinois is designed for displacement speeds, and thus may be
      easier to build up from its 5"+ plywood foundation than the Wyoming.
      Well, at least as easy as 450 sheets of plywood can be.

      But as usual, I digress.