[bolger] New Member

  • boatschool@boatbuilding.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 3, 1999
      I have recently purchased a small boatbuilding school on Vancouver
      Island. As an expert in boat lumber, I leave a lot to be desired as a
      builder. One of the areas that I need to "wrap my head around" is the
      choice of boat designs for the upcoming year. (2000) While we are a
      wooden boat school, dealing with small (18' or less) boats, I don't
      want to be caught up in the "authentic" mode. I certainly appreciate
      beautiful lapstrake boats, and Whitehalls, etc., but the demand around
      here is for "functional" rather than "traditional". I have heard so
      much about Mr. Bolgers "common sense boats" that I thought I might try
      to find out more information.

      Looking forward to hearing your comments, suggestions and ideas.
    • dukepryer@eisa.net.au
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 16, 2001
        G'day having only recently joined the group ,I would like to say what
        a great source of info it is. A well as a great sounding board for
        ideas.

        I am currently building a Long Micro and am constructing a web site
        documenting the same.
        Feel free to have a look at http://members.tripod.com/rivalduke/
        I am trying to update as often as I can.

        If anyone out there has any feedback on the use of copper epoxy
        antifoul .I would welcome any feedback.

        Slowly progressing construction

        Andrew Pryer

        Victoria
        Austalia
      • Jan FaviĆ©
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 16, 2001
          the best construction site i ever saw!

          jan
          holland
          G'day having only recently joined the group ,I would like to say what
          a great source of info it is. A well as a great sounding board for
          ideas.

          I am currently building a Long Micro and am constructing a web site
          documenting the same.
          Feel free to have a look at http://members.tripod.com/rivalduke/
          I am trying to update as often as I can.

          If anyone out there has any feedback on the use of copper epoxy
          antifoul .I would welcome any feedback.

          Slowly progressing construction

          Andrew Pryer

          Victoria
          Austalia

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Bolger rules!!!

        • colncath@bigpond.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 17, 2001
            --
            Andrew,
            Congratulations on a fantastic website - great photo,s

            Regards

            Col Mooney

          • ellengaest@boatbuilding.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 18, 2001
              Andrew,
              A warm welcome to the group and thanks for the link to your web
              page! Looking over your construction pictures brought me back to when
              I was building my Micro. I'll bet it will serve as an excellent
              reference page for future Long Micro builders and many others seeking
              to be inspired by your excellent building methods.Surely this is not
              your first boat.........
              The use of a strong-back has got to be the solo builders all time
              best"tool" and your pictures certainly illustrate just how sensible a
              boat building project can be when a strong-back is used.
              Please keep us posted regarding your construction and continued
              success with your Long Micro!
              Sincerely,
              Peter Lenihan
              Micro"LESTAT"

              --- In bolger@y..., dukepryer@e... wrote:
              > G'day having only recently joined the group ,I would like to say
              what
              > a great source of info it is. A well as a great sounding board for
              > ideas.
              >
              > I am currently building a Long Micro and am constructing a web site
              > documenting the same.
              > Feel free to have a look at http://members.tripod.com/rivalduke/
              > I am trying to update as often as I can.
              >
              > If anyone out there has any feedback on the use of copper epoxy
              > antifoul .I would welcome any feedback.
              >

              > Slowly progressing construction
              >
              > Andrew Pryer
              >
              > Victoria
              > Austalia
            • Tracy
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 3, 2009
                Just a note to say hello to the group. I have been a fan of Phil Bolger since I became interested in boats many years ago. I read every "Small Boat Journal" magazine I could find and always looked to Phil's "Cartoons" first and usually spent many time going back over his designs many times before wearing out the magazine.

                Phil had so many designs that caught my eye there is no way I could take up that much space nor could I remember them all but as I am looking to downsize my living space I can say the "Watervan" and the "Houseboat" are the two that mose interest me now. I am looking for information on both those at this time.

                I look forward to searching the group files and pictures and seeing all those Bolger designs in an archive once again.

                Thanks for letting me join this group and know that Phil will be missed even way down here in Texas.

                Tracy Roberts