Re: Minnesota Messabout at Lake Pepin

  • JW Kelley
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Paxton" <bill@p...> wrote:

      > It's a new year and time to start planning which messabouts you'll
      > attend in 2005. I hope you'll consider the Minnesota Messabout at
      > Lake Pepin. It's happening June 3-5. The format and venue have
      both
      > been upgraded to make this more of a regional event.
      >
      > You can find complete information at
      > http://www.paxtonconsulting.com/gpage3.html
      >
      > Hope to see you there.
      >
      > Bill

      Looks like a great place. SHMBO said no way Jose she due to present
      a new cre member later that month, and her birthday is the 5th.
      Maybe next year I can bring my Vacationer.
    • Bill Paxton
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 18, 2005
        Never mind that we're getting 6" of snow today. It can't keep it up
        forever! By June 3-5, it'll be warm, sunny and the sailing will be
        awesome.

        If you live within driving distance of Southern Minnesota, I want to
        personally invite you to the Minnesota Messabout at Lake Pepin. So
        far I've heard from people in six states who are coming, and this
        event is shaping up to be one of the largest gatherings of homebuilt
        boats in the upper Midwest.

        For complete details, check out the event website at
        http://www.paxtonconsulting.com/gpage3.html

        Bill Paxton
        Apple Valley, MN
      • Bill Paxton
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4 8:46 AM
          It's only a month away!

          I've heard from several builders who are working feverishly to
          complete their boats by June 3. We should see several brand spankin'
          new boats at the Minnesota Messabout at Lake Pepin.

          The messabout got some nice publicity from both Messing About In Boats
          and WoodenBoat magazines which created additional interest. By the
          way, if you're a reader of MAIB this is your chance to meet one of the
          magazine's most prolific writers - Mississippi Bob.

          There are still some campsites available, so contact me soon if you
          want one.

          Any last minute notices will be posted on the event website at
          http://www.paxtonconsulting.com/gpage3.html

          Your host,
          Bill Paxton