Re: [bolger] Re: launching

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 26, 2004
      > Bruce,
      > I am so sorry for the mishap, that's embarassing to say the least.
      > David Jost

      Embarassing was all. No damage done, and twice the time
      was lost talking about it, over the simple task of pushing
      the boat in the water with my SUV.

      Its a funny thing about building a boat,
      in that I feel a sense of liberation that almost anything
      I can break; I know how to fix. All the spectators were
      horrified at the prosect of damage tot he boat, and I felt
      "Hey, what the heck, its mostly Home Depot lumber."

      Also, I am glad to have mounted UHMW skid strips on each
      chine and the keel, which made the task of pushing the boat
      on the rough launch ramp easier.

      [Probably reduced friction causing the premature launch too.]

      Other thoughts about the boat, my tiller arm needs to be
      remade with a crook, so that it rests at just the right
      height for ergonomic comfort. Also, the height of the seats
      is perhaps two inches low for perfect vision out in the forward
      direction, though sitting on a pillow is a simple fix.

      Stepping the mast wasn't a problem.

      And...I hope and expect that the task of sorting out all
      the lines and rigging will get more familiar with practice.