Re: [bolger] New eGroups Format

  • Jeff Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2000
      Jim,
      yes. But I think I'm conditioned to this....
      People who have nothing to share get jobs stuffing
      up the Software for those who do.
      When I first started in my current job, doing Stats on an IBM
      mainframe, it took took 4 words & two <enters> to get logged
      on. A dozen years later, after the Govt. spending incalculable millions on
      uncountable
      "enhancements", it takes ten minutes and a degree in Navigation.
      There are also a million ways to get hung/thrown out, meaning
      another Royal Command performance to get back.
      There are some thousand facilities available, but i only use one.
      Complication for complications sake. I think in
      this situation you have a microcosm of the modern world.
      I had a similar response to yours from Complaints.
      They asked me to write again if the upgrade didnt fix all my worries.
      ....About a year ago I asked a doctor for a home visit as I was too ill to
      drive.
      over." We dont do that" quoth he.."come in in a day or two when you feel
      better"
      Jeff Gilbert.