Birdwatcher video

  • max56537
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 24, 2004
      I believe at one time Bolger& Friends announced that a video of
      Birdwatcher would be available this fall. Northern Hemisphere, right?
      Has anybody seen it?
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 6, 2005
        > wondering how she would look when setteled down in the water...
        > Jason

        Of course, I have those pictures as a slideshow on my screensaver,
        and one thing I notice is that the wave/wake of the moving hull
        raises the water at the stern transom, and that a shortshaft
        motor would have been fine. [a longshaft has been mentioned by others].

        I had planned on a tryout of the sails this coming weekend, but
        I may cancel now that as the forecast is a big storm hitting California,
        with up to 20 inches of rain and high winds. Not exactly optimal
        'try out' conditions.

        Another aggavation (I haven't written much about) is that I have
        had a heck of a time tracking down leak(s?) ( in the topsides)
        which lets in rainwater. After lots of head scratching I am finally
        concluding it comes from almost invisible cracks, [only microns wide]
        where the decks connect to the hull sides. I added epoxy/glass
        tape strips, and *maybe* I finally fixed it. A good rain this weekend
        should prove or disprove that. Another potential source of the leak(s)
        might be that the built-up wooden cabin window stiles, have experienced
        some moisture content related shrinking and cracking,
        ...not exactly sure... .

        > It's about the most boat my little subaru can pull.

        I had a lot of uncertainty about towing. It is better than I
        had feared. I am glad I spent the money and trouble to
        upgrade (overrate) the load rating of the tires for peace of
        mind.

        Pulling the boat out and up the slippery ramp with my SUV was
        a piece of cake.

        Pay attention to the 'bunking' of the unorthodox Micro bottom
        shape on the trailer, I found that a very tricky think to deal with.

        I have a cross bunk located directly under the forward watertight
        bullkhead, and two removeable struts with pegs fitting into the
        aft well drain holes located just at the after watertight bulkhead.
        I lift the boat using a farm jack at the boat ramp, to install
        and remove the rear struts.