Re: Lobster boat

  • Howard Stephenson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11 1:32 PM
      Sorry, can't help with the scan, but an option might be the very
      similar but slightly smaller one in Payson's "Boat Modeling the Easy
      Way". The book, available from www.instantboats.com , reproduces (at
      a smaller scale, but all the info. is there) what looks like a
      complete set of plans, offsets etc. for the full-sized boat, 28' long
      and 7400 lb displacement, compared with the one you talked of at 32'
      and 8950 lb.

      As it's a straight carvel-plank-on-bent-frame design, there probably
      isn't a set of building instructions. Payson's book shows three pages
      of plans: 1) lines and offsets plus alternative propellor arrangement
      2) outboard plan, profile and view from aft 3) a profile, plan and
      sections showing construction details, engine installation, rudder
      etc.

      The write-up in 30-odd boats suggests that these drawings might not
      be available for the 32-footer. There's just a single page in the
      book showing the lines, one construction section and a table of
      offsets.

      Howard

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald A. Fossum" <artemis@p...>