Re: Chebacco 25

  • Joe Nelson
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 1, 2004
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "GarthAB" <garth@b...> wrote:

      > Joe --
      >
      > If you're looking for a trailerable cruising sharpie or cat, also
      > check out Reuel Parker's "The Sharpie Book" and Jim Michalak's
      Caprice
      > and Cormorant. Not to mention Glen-L's Chessie Flyer. All roomy,
      > trailerable, and very functional for shallow-draft cruising. None so
      > pretty as a lapstrake Chebacco 25, though. . . .
      >
      > All best,
      > Garth

      I have plans for the Princess Sharpie 26 from B&B Yacht designs and
      am seriously considering building it. Weight is about 2,700#. The
      princess 22 is a lot less tender than a lot of other simular boats
      such as NIS's.

      I too am intregued in the Red Zinger...looks like a nice boat. I
      need to make a decision soon as I am just about done with my current
      project (Core Sound 20). I just want to make sure I am making a good
      decision prior to starting a project that will take 1,200 hours or so.

      Joe
    • Michael Childs
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 19, 2014
        The spars didn't seem to have the elegance of the lining of the strakes. Maybe it was the foreshortening in the photos. I'll have to check out
        Oughtred' s clinker boatbuilding book. I've immersed myself into John Gardner's books lately. Good job. Good luck on the centerboard.

        Michael Childs
        415 828 9663 - 626 799 9796
        www.michaelchilds.com
        michael_v_childs@...