Re: Chebacco 25

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 1, 2004
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Howard Stephenson"
      <stephensonhw@a...> wrote:

      > According to an old nomograph I have, you could expect 9-1/2 knots
      > with 15 hp. assuming a 25' wl length and 1 long ton of
      displacement --
      > probably not quite planing speed.
      >
      > Howard

      Here is the quote from BWAOM: Page 229

      "However the long length lets her go faster in a good breeze, or
      under power. She planes cleanly with a 15 h.p. motor at low cruising
      rpm."

      I would expect PCB&F would be willing to clarify that if one enquired
      about the plans. At any rate it would be a nice combination with the
      motor hardly visible on the stern. She could probably cruise at 10
      knots.

      Cheers, Nels
    • Michael Childs
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 19, 2014
        The spars didn't seem to have the elegance of the lining of the strakes. Maybe it was the foreshortening in the photos. I'll have to check out
        Oughtred' s clinker boatbuilding book. I've immersed myself into John Gardner's books lately. Good job. Good luck on the centerboard.

        Michael Childs
        415 828 9663 - 626 799 9796
        www.michaelchilds.com
        michael_v_childs@...