Re: Centennial 2 Pictures

  • pvanderwaart
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2004
      > assuming there
      > was a Centennail 1?

      The first Centennial was a dory rowed across the Atlantic in 1876,
      the US Centennial.

      The CII rig has a large 4-sided sprit main and a 3-sided sprit
      mizzen.

      Peter
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 6, 2004
        > I was at Waiheke Island today on a job, and saw a Centennial 2 sitting
        > on the mud.
        > Bolger4 Group...photos
        > DonB

        It just dawned on me, 'what is wrong with this picture',
        Centennial II has a deep rudder, on a through hull
        shaft. How does one remove the rudder/shaft to allow
        a Centennial II to sit on the mud? I have some ideas,
        the most direct is to take a swim, other ideas invoke
        the spirit of Rube Goldberg.
      • Susan Davis
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 6, 2004
          Bruce H:
          > How does one remove the rudder/shaft to allow
          > a Centennial II to sit on the mud? I have some ideas,
          > the most direct is to take a swim, other ideas invoke
          > the spirit of Rube Goldberg.

          The His and Her Schooner features one possible solution; the Insolent
          60 another related one. Were I to build a CII (and I'm tempted to do
          so one day as a companion boat for voyages beyond the capability of
          the I60), I'd probably include an I60-style retractable endplated rudder.

          --
          Susan Davis <futabachan@...>