Micro #1 (was: Re: Micro Class Association)

  • Sakari Aaltonen
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2000
      Some time ago, Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco wrote:

      >Hi Peter - the Murphy law about good ideas like yours says that you'll
      >eventually find somebody who had had the same idea well before
      >yourself. In fact Carl Adler, first hero to wack a Micro together,
      >proposed that symbol about 15 years ago in response to a call for ideas
      >issued by Elrow La Rowe. However, in the astronomical community, late
      >discoveries, if demostrated independent, such as a new comet or
      >asteroid, are recognized as original, so congratulations anyhow!

      Just to put the record straight--the first Micro launched was built
      by Martti Fredrikson of Valkeakoski, Finland, who beat Carl Adler
      by 2 months. I had a short correspondence with Mr. Fredrikson
      recently; he said he had sold the Micro a few years ago, having
      thus sailed it for about fourteen years...

      Sakari Aaltonen
    • Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2000
        Sakari - you're right. Carl started first though...
        Best, Pippo