RE: [bolger] Tippssail

  • Fries, John
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 12:56 PM
      Since I am now constructing the Single Handed Schooner, I too have read with
      great interest the schooner sailing tips on the LS Web Site. The sailing
      tips and sail configurations are very helpful. I am considering adding a
      staysail although it is not shown in the plans and Bolger's commentary in
      BWOM states 'I have spared you a staysail', indicating it seems that he
      doesn;t think it is 1) necessary, 2) practical, 3) useful or 4) all the
      above. One big question. How close to the wind is too close for a
      schooner? 50 degrees?