[bolger] Re: WEST system foam rollers

  • GHC
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 1999
      Epoxy melts all the cheap foam brushes and rollers I've tried from "Home
      Depot". I imagine West Systems has a special material in their rollers.

      GHC

      At 02:43 PM 10/1/1999 -0600, you wrote:
      >Hello,
      >
      > The other day I was applying fiberglass tape to the chines of my
      >Junebug. I used WEST Systems epoxy and used a WEST System foam roller to
      >spread it. Almost immediately I noticed that the foam roller started to
      >pucker and within 10 minutes it had completely fallen apart. I mentioned
      >this to the clerk at West Marine where I bought the supplies and she said
      >she has heard of similar problems from at least one other customer. Has
      >anyone on the list had the same experience? I was surprised and annoyed.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Mike

      >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger

    • David Galvin
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 1999
        Mike,
        I've had the same problem with WEST System rollers. As a result, I generally
        use the no-name yellow foam rollers from Hamilton Marine or the black foam
        rollers from the local Ace Hardware. These rollers can also fall
        apart--especially the black ones--but they're about a third of the price of
        the WEST System ones, so it doesn't hurt so much,
        david