Re: [bolger] Re: Micro Upgrade

    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 4, 2004
      > Oh, I hadn't noticed that the hatch is now short. Strange, because
      > they have stressed the large open hatch as being part of making the
      > glasshouse livable (like Birdwatcher). I wouldn't like to lose the
      > lovely open rag-top feeling of the original hatch design.
      > DonB

      Actually, (I had forgotten), the side view of the boat shows a hatch
      with a shorter length. The top view shows a longer length. (Also,
      the top view doesn't show a horse). 'Omission' 'error', 'builders option',
      take your choice.

      A word of caution, I chose to make my hatch longer still. The difficulty
      of building a hatch, (and the hatch rails) straight enough to slide fairly
      without binding grows exponentially with length. IOW, a short hatch
      is vastly easier to build than a long hatch.