Noise [was Micro Upgrade]

  • Derek Waters
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004
      Hi Bruce

      We love the sound of water splashing against the hull of a boat. Soothing,
      I'd call it. Our experience was that Micro's hull form behaves differently.
      In moderately rough water moorings the experience is akin to trying to sleep
      inside a giant toddler's toy drum. Another Micro sleep-aboard described it
      as [I paraphrase] 'trying to sleep inside a tumble dryer along with a
      bowling ball and a pair of tennis shoes'.

      At anchor, your head is close to the point of impact for the wavelets, and
      the flat hull traps them nicely. The hull resonates very effectively. If the
      fillets work they will be a welcome addition :)

      cheers
      Derek