Re: Micro Upgrade

  • dbaldnz
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 3, 2004
      Do you have bears near that cabin Jason? You might have more than a
      bent keel to contend with come spring!
      Are you retreating into the hills for peace and quiet to knock out
      your thesis?
      DonB
      I'll get all the spars and bits finished

      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 4, 2004
        > Oh, I hadn't noticed that the hatch is now short. Strange, because
        > they have stressed the large open hatch as being part of making the
        > glasshouse livable (like Birdwatcher). I wouldn't like to lose the
        > lovely open rag-top feeling of the original hatch design.
        > DonB

        Actually, (I had forgotten), the side view of the boat shows a hatch
        with a shorter length. The top view shows a longer length. (Also,
        the top view doesn't show a horse). 'Omission' 'error', 'builders option',
        take your choice.

        A word of caution, I chose to make my hatch longer still. The difficulty
        of building a hatch, (and the hatch rails) straight enough to slide fairly
        without binding grows exponentially with length. IOW, a short hatch
        is vastly easier to build than a long hatch.