Re: [bolger] Re: work skiff or boston whaler type boat?

  • fountainb@switch.aust.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2004
      donschultz@... wrote:
      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Gill" <stevepgill@c...> wrote:
      > > 1 Does anyone have any leads to good plans for a stitch and glue wide
      > > beam work skiff? 14' to 17'.
      >
      > Steve,
      >
      > http://www.oldwharf.com/ow_workskiffs.html
      >
      > The Old Wharf LYS comes in the size and with the attributes you want.
      > I would avoid modifying a design when you can get what you want
      > already properly engineered and proven.

      ... except that the oldwharf design doesn't seem to be s&g.

      Bruce Fountain
      Systems Engineer
      Union Switch & Signal
      Perth, Western Australia

    • Howard Stephenson
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
        A couple more ideas:

        There is Jimbo, a 15'9" s+g Garvey. To find it, go to
        http://www.glenl.com/ and follow the menus. There are also plans for
        construction in aluminum.

        There is a nice-looking 16' s+g garvey at
        http://www.bateau.com/studyplans/GF16_study.htm

        Howard
      • Roger Derby
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2004
          OR, modify a design carefully and

          THEN get the plans for a proven design and

          LEARN what you forgot or didn't understand. (or pat yourself on the back for
          having done it right)

          Roger (Am I the only one old enough to remember Tom Lehrer's song
          "Plagiarize?")
          derbyrm@...
          http://derbyrm.mystarband.net/default.htm