Re: [bolger] MAIB Vol 22 - #11 Oct 15, 2004 BOLGER DESIGN # 639 -- JOCHEMS SCHOONER

  • John Spoering
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2004
      Hi Bruce -

      Hope your MAIB comes soon -- Jochems Schooner is 25' OD with leeboards so
      theres plenty of undisturbed room inside.
      I'll just wet your curiosity a bit by saying that she's designed on the
      Birdwatcher principle (original builder was 6'4") - 4 berths and a complete
      gally with the head behind a curtain way up forward so no ones disturbed
      during the nite.
      For those who like to pull strings she carries 4 sails - nothing too big
      and on the newest version Dr Phil says he's lowered the masts a bit. She
      also has a regular cockpit with inside AND outside steering.
      I'd like to see a discussion follow that would include some voices
      experienced with water ballast which she has - I've never even seen it used.

      Patience - - - Aloha -Jack Spoering - Ft Lauderdale, Fl

      (978) 282-1349