Re: [bolger] RE:Back to lexan

  • RKAMILS@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 22, 2004
      Been out of town. When you look at the point of the bit, straight down, you
      will note that, one, it is not a point, two, that the "line in the middle is at
      a slight angle towards the left. Sharpen the bit so that the line is straight
      (zero rake) or slightly angled to the right (neg rake)
      Catching up on my email I notice there has been another plywood discussion.
      For info of those of you who live where there are Menard's, I noticed last week
      that they had plywood label Luann or maranti. What was most likely the Luann
      was the normal stuff, but what was probably the maranti had many more plys
      and looked exactly like the maranti I bought from Noah's. They only had this in
      3/8" and 3/4" however, no 1/2", and the 1/4" was the same 3 ply as always.
      The 3/8" was on sale for $20.49 a sheet.
      I sharpen drill bits by hand all the time but I don't know what you
      mean by negative rake. Is it possible to describe it? Thanks.
      Mike