Plywood recommendations

  • paulthober
    Message 1 of 46 , Oct 19, 2004
      On another subject: I just ordered plans from Mr Bolger for Seabird
      '86 and hope to get started on construction in a couple of months and
      am looking for recommendations as to what to build it of. This time
      around I want to use marine plywood (no more Home Depot boats) and am
      a bit confused as to the relative merits of what is available. I am
      mostly concerned with strength, durability, quality and value -
      appearance counts for nothing with me. Personnel opinions and sources
      of objective information is what I seek. Thanks so much in advance for
      help with this.

      Paul Thober
    • mike
      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 2, 2010
        Great to have the weight down low,but that's the bilge... where that
        inevitable water WILL eventually go, flooding engine/electrical !!
        Better used for tanks imho