Re: Performance Motorsailing

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 53 , Oct 6, 2004
      > > Bruce,
      > >
      > > that might be the early posts here by Suzanne A.
      > >
      > > Graeme
      >

      > Probably this post

      > Reading the other posts in that thread gives light to my
      > overrating of the capacity of an AS29, too.

      Thanks Bruce,

      A copy of this post should be included with every set of Bolger
      plans:-)

      Cheers, Nels
    • Harry James
      Message 53 of 53 , Oct 9, 2004
        Lynn Parday does manage to keep a pretty positive spin on things, but I
        think you have to be positive to do the things that she and her husband
        have done over the years.

        She lets slip a little of the less than enjoyable in her recounting of
        the voyage from Japan to BC. This had to be a voyage from hell, I can't
        imagine being on a small boat in the North Pacific for well over a month
        without dry heat in the form of wood or diesel outside vented stoves.
        The had a propane stove which would leave the interior a cold dripping
        dungeon in those conditions. They also almost did themselves in with
        Carbon Monoxide.

        I am with the coastal cruising crowd, way up a shallow inlet snugged
        down with a good novel.

        HJ