Re: [bolger] Re: Performance Motorsailing

  • juan negron
    Message 1 of 53 , Oct 3, 2004
      > At the time of writing, the test boat was available for
      $249.900.00

      Jeez, sign me up. Blows me away that some folks have that kind of
      disposable income.

      If I had that kind of disposable income I would build me a good number
      of different boats. Sinking all that money into a single type of
      experience? Seems kind of shallow minded to me.

      Juan.
    • Harry James
      Message 53 of 53 , Oct 9, 2004
        Lynn Parday does manage to keep a pretty positive spin on things, but I
        think you have to be positive to do the things that she and her husband
        have done over the years.

        She lets slip a little of the less than enjoyable in her recounting of
        the voyage from Japan to BC. This had to be a voyage from hell, I can't
        imagine being on a small boat in the North Pacific for well over a month
        without dry heat in the form of wood or diesel outside vented stoves.
        The had a propane stove which would leave the interior a cold dripping
        dungeon in those conditions. They also almost did themselves in with
        Carbon Monoxide.

        I am with the coastal cruising crowd, way up a shallow inlet snugged
        down with a good novel.

        HJ