[bolger] Re: Re Lexan mounting

  • craig o'donnell
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2004
      >Craig,
      >
      >Does Phil Bolger indicate inside or outside placement of the lexan?
      >My sense is that inside finishes off nicer...and I'd personally like
      >to do it on my Chebacco, but...outside holds better in worst
      >conditions. In other words it is (inside placement) blow out the
      >lexan window with wall of water (force reacts against x # of panhead
      >screws-bolts/washers) or (outside placement) flex or fracture of
      >lexan as response to wall of water. Other thoughts?
      >
      >Dick B

      Outside - I don't think a BW would work with inside mounting though someone
      motivated could redesign the framing to allow trim pieces outside. These
      would spread the screw load better.

      Proa MBULI used outside mounting and it worked fine.

      Jochems is probably a better example of his current thinking. I haven't
      seen large BW II plans so I can't say if the upgrade has a different system.
      --
      Craig O'Donnell
      Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats

      -- Macintosh kinda guy
      Friend of Wanda the Wonder Cat, 1991-1997.