Bolgers Ocean Racer For Sale (Power)

  • maddybeardad
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2004
      Bolger fans & friends.
      My business partner and I purchased what I believe to be the only
      specimen of design #127. This was an ocean racer that Mr. Bolger was
      commissioned to dream up for Terry Kilbourne who had Bob Perry build
      (1959-1960) in East Gloucester, MA for the Miami to Nassau Race.
      Rhino ran this race and won the single engine class...the real winner
      of the race was a Hunt prototype that became the Bertram Deep-Vee(
      the rest is history ).

      Rhino as she was christened and remains, was glued and edgenailed
      strip construction over sawn frames. 30' with 10' beam. 501 Marine
      Power V8 w/Seapower outdrive. 300 total hours on this 9 year old
      power plant. Soild seaworthy sleek.

      This vessel was found at a donation auction and we knew we had a
      gem. The survey came out clean and after a charge, a bunch of gas,
      oil change and some new plugs, she has run out like a top at a cool
      18-20 topping out at around 29. The summer shake down included a new
      muffler and alternator. All in all a great boat with a great
      pedigree. She is in great shape and still in the water for some fun
      runs...Rhino turns heads moving or at the mooring.

      We have had an interesting and fun summer in Marion, MA with her and
      now must part. My partner and I have either young or soon to be
      families that will command something more...shall we say...newer,
      fiberglassier, freeboardier, with move advanced electronics etc...(we
      are trying not to be sell outs)

      We are listing this and know that someone will scoop her up quickly.
      I thought that Bolger fans might want to have first shot at her as
      you would understand what you have, as we did. The money is short,
      $15K which is south of what we have into her, and I would even listen
      to reasonable and creative offers.

      Please contact me off list if you would like more information.
      Photos, design plans, magazine articles we are happy to share. We
      are even happy to talk (brag) about her even if you aren't interested
      in buying.

      Mike Waters nationalsail62@...