Ed Heins' Chebacco / Craig O'D at MASCF

  • seagulloutb
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 27, 2004
      Ed Heins, I assume you will be at the St. Michaels MASCF this coming
      weekend. We'll be there, too. Moreover, I'm assuming that you do
      not need the information from Jim Slakov on how to rig your Chebacco
      since you're sailing her. If you'd still want the pages, let me know
      and I'll print a set out and bring them for you.

      Craig O'Donnell, I'll be bringing that jongboat model along, just in
      case there might be a lull between hurricanes for sailing and
      tuning. Also, Craig, if you have any info on Norway's 'faering'
      craft, I'm all ears (well, I was born thataway).

      Cheers,

      Dick Burnham, slave laborer to the under construction
      Chebacco "Stealing Horses"--let me show you pictures of my....
    • Bill Kreamer
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 27, 2004
        Dick, I'm rigging my (was Paul Thober's) Chebacco Samantha. I'd really
        appreciate it if you could get me a copy of that rigging info, via
        website, word doc, .jpg, snail mail, or whatever. Let me know the cost
        and I'll reimburse you! - Bill K.

        Ed Heins, I assume you will be at the St. Michaels MASCF this coming
        weekend. We'll be there, too. Moreover, I'm assuming that you do
        not need the information from Jim Slakov on how to rig your Chebacco
        since you're sailing her. If you'd still want the pages, let me know
        and I'll print a set out and bring them for you.

        Craig O'Donnell, I'll be bringing that jongboat model along, just in
        case there might be a lull between hurricanes for sailing and
        tuning. Also, Craig, if you have any info on Norway's 'faering'
        craft, I'm all ears (well, I was born thataway).

        Cheers,

        Dick Burnham, slave laborer to the under construction
        Chebacco "Stealing Horses"--let me show you pictures of my....

        Bolger rules!!!
        - Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930,
        Fax: (978) 282-1349

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1291bj1im/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
        D=groups/S=1705065791:HM/EXP=1096392487/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
        p://companion.yahoo.com> click here

        s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=431681649>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • eheins@corlink.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 27, 2004
          God & whatever hurricane is current at the time willing, we'll be at St.
          Michaels. I think I've got her rigged OK now. Just some gaff bridle
          issues which I think I have resolved. Hope to see you there.

          > Ed Heins, I assume you will be at the St. Michaels MASCF this coming
          > weekend. We'll be there, too. Moreover, I'm assuming that you do
          > not need the information from Jim Slakov on how to rig your Chebacco
          > since you're sailing her. If you'd still want the pages, let me know
          > and I'll print a set out and bring them for you.
          >
          > Craig O'Donnell, I'll be bringing that jongboat model along, just in
          > case there might be a lull between hurricanes for sailing and
          > tuning. Also, Craig, if you have any info on Norway's 'faering'
          > craft, I'm all ears (well, I was born thataway).
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Dick Burnham, slave laborer to the under construction
          > Chebacco "Stealing Horses"--let me show you pictures of my....

          > (978) 282-1349
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          > To visit your group on the web, go
          > to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bolger/
          > to:bolger-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        • craig o'donnell
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 27, 2004
            >Craig O'Donnell, I'll be bringing that jongboat model along, just in
            >case there might be a lull between hurricanes for sailing and
            >tuning. Also, Craig, if you have any info on Norway's 'faering'
            >craft, I'm all ears (well, I was born thataway).

            Righto.

            I'm not sure how much I know about faerings, faeringala, or whatever they
            may be called.

            I'll be there, though if the weather is crummy (as in rainy) I am not
            going to bring the Birdwatcher. I don't mind cool and I like windy but I
            don't like wet, windy and cool. I WILL in any case bring Scrappy the
            Mouseboat, who is made of plywood scraps.
            --
            Craig O'Donnell
            Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats

            -- Macintosh kinda guy
            Friend of Wanda the Wonder Cat, 1991-1997.
            _________________________________
          • craig o'donnell
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 27, 2004
              >Dick, I'm rigging my (was Paul Thober's) Chebacco Samantha. I'd really
              >appreciate it if you could get me a copy of that rigging info, via
              >website, word doc, .jpg, snail mail, or whatever. Let me know the cost
              >and I'll reimburse you! - Bill K.

              Bill, glad to hear someone got Paul's boat. How'd you get it? Did Paul
              re-repossess it from the police in Maine?

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 27, 2004
                Bill, I'll happily get the info to you via internet -- it's a scan or
                two. Lengthy scan because we're back in the woods and the phone
                lines are old. I'll get to it after the return from St. Michaels --
                sometime next week if that's okay. Anyone who would like this should
                email me so that I can get all at once--it doesn't take more time to
                send to 6 than it does to 1. Here's the email address: burnharch
                <at> hotmail <dot> com -- and you guys know that the stuff in < > is
                just to fool the Yahoo cowboys, right?

                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Kreamer" <kreamer@a...> wrote:
                > Dick, I'm rigging my (was Paul Thober's) Chebacco Samantha. I'd
                really
                > appreciate it if you could get me a copy of that rigging info, via
                > website, word doc, .jpg, snail mail, or whatever. Let me know the
                cost
                > and I'll reimburse you! - Bill K.

              • Bill Kreamer
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 28, 2004
                  It was a bit of serendipity. I live near where he left the boat, and I
                  was the first one to call him. Paid the city storage bill, etc. Chebacco
                  is my favorite bolger boat, so I'm in heaven. He is (I hope) getting the
                  sails to me soon, and I hope to be sailing yet this fall. - Bill K.

                  >Dick, I'm rigging my (was Paul Thober's) Chebacco Samantha. I'd really
                  >appreciate it if you could get me a copy of that rigging info, via
                  >website, word doc, .jpg, snail mail, or whatever. Let me know the cost
                  >and I'll reimburse you! - Bill K.

                  Bill, glad to hear someone got Paul's boat. How'd you get it? Did Paul
                  re-repossess it from the police in Maine?
                  --
                  Craig O'Donnell
                  Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats
                  Plywood Boats, Bamboo Rafts, &c.
                  _________________________________

                  -- Macintosh kinda guy
                  Friend of Wanda the Wonder Cat, 1991-1997.
                  _________________________________

                  Bolger rules!!!
                  - Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930,
                  Fax: (978) 282-1349

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129s8i337/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
                  D=groups/S=1705065791:HM/EXP=1096417722/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
                  p://companion.yahoo.com> click here

                  s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=588442346>

                  _____

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                • seagulloutb
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 28, 2004
                    Bill, please don't forget to email so that I'll have a return address
                    when I've got the rigging stuff put together for you -- Dick

                    --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Kreamer" <kreamer@a...> wrote:
                    > It was a bit of serendipity. I live near where he left the boat,
                    and I
                    > was the first one to call him. Paid the city storage bill, etc.
                    Chebacco
                    > is my favorite bolger boat, so I'm in heaven. He is (I hope)
                    getting the
                    > sails to me soon, and I hope to be sailing yet this fall. - Bill K.

                    Junks,
                    > American Proas, the Bolger Boat Honor Roll,
                    > Plywood Boats, Bamboo Rafts, &c.
                    > _________________________________
                    >
                    > -- Professor of Boatology -- Junkomologist
                    > -- Macintosh kinda guy
                    > Friend of Wanda the Wonder Cat, 1991-1997.
                    > _________________________________

                    posts
                    > Fax: (978) 282-1349
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129s8i337/M=295196.4901138.6071305.300117
                    6/

                    D=groups/S=1705065791:HM/EXP=1096417722/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*h
                    tt
                    > p://companion.yahoo.com> click here
                    >
                    > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
                    M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=group
                    > s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=588442346>
                    >

                    > _____
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • jas_orr
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
                      Take a look at www.chebaco.com, click on old articles, click on
                      Chebacco News 34, scroll down for rigging diagrams. I think these
                      are the same diagrams you're speaking of.

                      Jamie Orr