Re: [bolger] Re: mounting my lexan windowsin a navigator?

  • jAMES fITCH
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 26 7:06 PM
      I in the not to distant past owned a Wharrham Cat---- all the port lights needed replacing--i used lexan-----this is what I was told and did and it seemed to haved worked for two years+. I drilled the lexan every four inches at slow speeds; I use a wood over lay on the outside and a bedding compound they where threw bolted with bolts the same size as the the holes i drilled-----it workvery well-j.e.

      dnjost <djost@...> wrote:I did it this way on my Micro, sealed with a good RV sealant and it
      looked and worked fine. I would however recommend using the window
      gasket that is sold by JC Whitney or any other automotive glass
      place. Simply cut the window the size of the hole, place the gasket
      around the frame, and then push the locking strip in place. It
      really will hold up and is easily replaced if you scratch, dent,
      chip, or gouge the stuff.

      On my old Catboat, the plexiglass was crazed and this retrofit
      worked perfectly.

      David Jost
      "gearing up for another season"

      > Looks like i'll bolt them on from the outside......i'm just too
      lazy
      > to build the frames.
      > Jason

      Bolger rules!!!