Re: Dutch Windmills -- now on-topic

  • Howard Stephenson
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 26, 2004
      I din't realize until just now how on-topic we've been, ever since
      Nels' first post. In 100 Small Boat Rigs, straight after talking
      about the Flettner rotor, PCB describes his rig 100: the rotor drive
      i.e. an air rotor coupled to an underwater propellor.

      He says they might work, but are completely impractical: "Sooner or
      later, a hand or a head will bounce once on the deck and roll
      overboard ..."

      Howard